Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Love My Job, part 97

One of the big, big advantages of the move to Ottawa is that I no longer have to spend two hours driving home thinking "I Love My Job."  Now, I can just drive 15 minutes back to my office (even with all of today's snow) thinking it instead.   I had a very interesting conversation with someone who works in the Canadian military's operational headquarters.  It used to be that I had to arrange an interview and drive a couple of hours to do the interview and then drive back.  Now, I can simply grab lunch with someone interesting. 

What did I learn?  Well, it was off the record.  It did help cement a key theme that will be in the book I am currently writing.  What is that theme?  Ah, but since this is a trade book, I don't want to spoil it.  At least not until it is written. 

But when folks ask me if I am happy about the move, I have yet another reason to say:you betcha!

No comments: