Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Less Blogging, More Writing?

I have not been blogging as much ... here.  But that is partly because I have been writing elsewhere.  Check out my piece at Embassy.ca (gated, sorry)--where the question is: what should the Canadian members of parliament be thinking about as they return?

In short, I raise the F-35 again mostly to illustrate that procurement is pretty messed up. I also suggest that parliament needs to figure out the institution's role for deployments, given the confusion created by minority government.  I raise questions about Harper's obsession with Iran given that it really is not a threat to Canada.  I also raise a few questions about oversight and accountability and the proper behavior of the Minister of National Defence

I also have a new piece at CIC on the limits of power, as the US cannot determine events in the Mideast but can only respond and try to shape them.


No comments: